How about a few Healthy Smoothie Recipes to Begin your Day…
Making delicious healthy s for breakfast isn’t difficult with the help of a few delicious recipes for ideas! They are so easy to make, take only a few minutes and what better way to boost your whole body health and wellbeing with a healthy breakfast. These smoothie recipes can form the basics for you and as you go onto make these delicious healthy smoothies for breakfast, your ideas to what else you can add in will grow. Before you know it, you will be blessing the day you began drinking smoothies and having a healthy breakfast as your energy levels rise, you lose those extra pounds, your skin looks brighter and clearer and you feel good!
These are 7 of my Favorite Smoothie Recipes….
Before you begin, there are a few tips to keep in mind.
Ideally your beautiful healthy breakfast smoothie should be creamy, a lovely thickish texture and be well blended for your ultimate enjoyment! For me, there is nothing worse than chunk filled smoothie to begin my day!
These simple easy guidelines will make the world of the difference in creating your ultimate beautiful smoothie.
- Always pour the liquid in first. This helps the solid ingredients to move easily in the blender to be mushed up and stops the blades from sticking in the heavier, frozen bits of fruit.This can be water, fruit or vegetable juice, soy milk or milk.
- Next measure and add your yogurt, green powders, ice cream. If you are feeling wicked, chocolate chip chunks are a nice addition for a treat, sometimes….:)
- Cut up your fresh fruit into reasonable sized pieces and add frozen fruit such as raspberries, strawberries and blueberries.
- If you like a nice cold breakfast smoothie you can add in ice. This always included last being the hardest ingredient!
- Feel free to thaw your frozen fruits before adding them. Remember, you can always buy frozen fruits in bulk which is perfect for 2 reasons. 1) They are cheaper than fresh fruits and 2) you can enjoy those wonderful summer flavors all year round. To me this is a bonus, especially in the middle of winter and summer seems a long way a way.
How to Blend your Smoothie Recipe
Rocket science it ain’t :), by adding your ingredients in the above mentioned order, you will get a lovely healthy breakfast on the go, prevent your blender from overheating or even possibly decorating your walls with smoothie mixture.
Begin at a low speed. Your blender will have different settings and while it may be tempting to go full blast, starting slowly and gently increasing the speed is important. Allow the blades to work through and slice the fruit and other ingredients until everything is freely circulating in the blender. This will take only a few seconds and then you can increase the speed for your final blend. I would suggest you leave it on full power for another 30-45 seconds to let air get inside your smoothie and give it a lighter consistency. Your patience will be rewarded with a rich, delicious and creamy smoothie.
Sometimes I don’t put enough liquid in the blender and the ingredients will get stuck, trapping the blender blades. If this happens, simply adding more liquid will generally get the ingredients moving again. Or, turn the blender off and move the stuck pieces with a wooden spoon.
Quick Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipes
Up You Get & Go Smoothie
The healthy benefits of spirulina are enormous and pack a vital punch with vitamins C and B1, potassium and the omega 3 and fibre in flax seed in this energizing smoothie creates a lasting natural lift to begin your day.
- 2 cup strawberries
- 1 kiwifruit
- 1 banana
- 1 heaped tablespoon spirulina powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon flax seeds
- 4 ice cubes
Good Morning Smoothie
A thick creamy smoothie rich in berries is to my way of thinking, one of the best ways to start my morning! I like to include protein powder, wheat germ and brewer’s yeast for an extra punch of healthy goodness.
- 1/2 cup almond or soy milk
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons protein powder
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon brewer’s yeast
My Weight Loss Smoothie Recipe
Delicious and healthy, this weight loss smoothie looks just like a “real” smoothie, full of fruit, yogurt and protein powder and has the added bonus of being low fat. It’s a classic combination for a healthy breakfast.
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 heaped tablespoon of protein powder
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries
Almond, Vanilla and Blueberry Smoothie
Blueberries are a true antioxidant super food and combined with almonds for fiber and the smooth flavour of vanilla make any breakfast smoothie, moreish,tastier and easier. Flaxseed oil provides mono-unsaturated omega 3 rich fats for added weight loss benefit.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
Blackberry and Orange Smoothie Recipe
Blackberries are a super food to help you keep to your weight-loss plan.Blackberries
are about 80% water, quite low in sugar and high in fibre which makes them a good fruit for those trying to lose weight. The sweetness of the fruit, both blackberries and the orange helps satisfy sugar cravings and is high in Vit C. This smoothie makes a very healthy breakfast with loads of energy for you.
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 peeled orange
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 grapefruit
Strawberry Vanilla Yogurt Smoothie
Vanilla can help curb your cravings for chocolate and may do the same for your desire for other sweets with its lovely aroma. Without these cravings, you are less likely to snatch the nearest sugary treat or high-calorie snack.
- 1 frozen banana
- 6 ounces low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ice cubes
Wheat germ can provide you with fiber to give you a sense of being full and satisfying your appetite. Containing vitamin B complex, wheat germ helps to cope with stress and benefits the metabolism. And if the body’s metabolism is going strong, then the body is burning more calories.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sliced peaches
- 14 cup wheat germ
- 4 ice cubes
Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Smoothies are as you have discovered, a delicious way to start your day and to boost your system with great healthy nutrients, by using fresh and frozen fruits as well as supplements to keep you feeling well and energized. Once you begin exploring different smoothie recipes and making a list of your favorites, you will find healthy smoothie breakfast ideas will be popping up everywhere! These are an ideal way to get kids loving breakfast and they will love making them too and let me tell you, kids are creative! My 2 boys love experimenting and adding all sorts of combinations into their smoothie recipes. Sit back and enjoy ♥
If you would like to check out our Top 10 Best Cleansing Juices, click here.